Do you want to paint or stain your fences in the easiest way with a short amount of time? Yes! Finding the best paint sprayers for fences is the number one task for you. There is no alternative way to do it faster but with a fence stain sprayer. It would be so time-consuming and a lot boring if you do it with a brush. That is why you should look for the best sprayer for stain.
But the paint sprayer market is so diverse that you may become confused at the time of choosing the best paint sprayer for fence stain. That is why through a lot of research and based on my practical experience; I have chosen the top 5 best stain sprayers for reviewing in this article to get the best sprayer for staining fence which will make your painting job easier and a lot more enjoyable.
Top 5 Best Paint Sprayer for Fences
|Image and Name||Customer Rating|
fuji semi pro 2 hvlp
Graco Magnum X5
HomeRight C800971 Handheld
Wagner Spratech 0529010
1. Fuji Semi-Pro 2 HVLP Paint Sprayer
- Item Weight: 25.2 pounds
- Hose Length: 25 Feet
- Included Components: Turbine, 25ft hose, M-Model spray gun
- Warranty: 2 years
Fuji Semi-Pro 2 HVLP Paint Sprayer is one of the best paint sprayers for fences and my top pick for the list. It is very easy to operate even if you are a beginner and produces outstanding coverage.
It is a professional electric stain sprayer that comes with a non-bleed spray gun along with adjustable pattern fan control. You are not required to thinning of paint while spraying with this fence staining equipment. You can spray paints, stains, primers and varnishes directly from the can.
It is so easy to adjust the fuji semi-pro paint sprayer that you do not have to read the user manual. A little practice on a paper before the final task is well enough to go ahead. You will be able to paint so fast with this power stain sprayer as it comes with a 400cc gravity cup. And it will give you a better look at your fences too.
This HVLP paint sprayer is so light-weighted. You can finish your stain job by one
try with no hand fatigue. You can carry the sprayer and move swiftly from one
place to another because of its portability.
You will get a 25ft hose with it. So, you can cover a large area. There is an air control valve available with the hose that will reduce over-spraying and bouncing back.
It is very easy to disassemble and reassemble the Fuji semi-pro paint sprayer. So, you will be able to clean the spray gun with ease after finishing the painting job.
- You will get good results.
- Fast application.
- You can clean fast with ease.
- Spraying from the can is possible.
- And you can simply disassemble or reassemble.
- A little noisy.
2. Graco Magnum X5 Airless Paint Gun
- Flow Rate: .27 gal/min
- Maximum Pressure: 3000 psi
- Maximum Hose Length: 75 ft
- Weight: 13 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year
Graco Magnum X5 is another great stain spray gun that will help you to finish your fence painting quicker. You may have to read the manual carefully before using it. Once done, it will be so easy to operate.
It is required no thinning as it has a powerful stainless piston pump. It allows suctioning paint, stain or varnish right from the can. Here, You will get seventy-five feet long hose with it. So, you can spray long fences with ease and you don’t have to shift the main unit around.
On the other hand, it is very necessary to clean the sprayer right after each use if you want to get a long life of your sprayer. Undoubtedly, you can easily clean the Graco magnum x5 airless wood stain sprayer as you can connect it to a normal garden hose and it will get cleaned automatically.
At the same time, you will be able to control the flow of the paint with this sprayer as it has adjustable pressure control. And You will get a high-quality motor that can generate about 3000 PSI pressure.
- You can use it with ease.
- You can spray directly from the can.
- Long hose supportable.
- You can adjust the pressure.
- You have to clean it immediately after use.
- You have to notice a stain or paint levels.
3. HomeRight C800971 Paint Sprayer
- Weight: 2.76 pounds
- Included Components: 3 Spray Tips (1.5, 2.0, 4.0), 40 oz. Container w/ Lid, Wrench, Spray Nozzle, Cleaning Brush
- Warranty: 2 years
HomeRight C800971 is another best pump sprayer for stain. It is an electric spray gun that will give you a perfect stain finish in no time. But you may require thinning if you want to paint with no interruption.
It is just perfect for outside work like staining fences or decks to be honest. Painting inside the home is not suitable for this sprayer because it does not spray a consistent pattern at all. You will get a jar with it but the size is pretty small, you have to refill it again and again.
This staining fence sprayer is so light weighted. You can spray for a long time and you will not have any hand fatigue. The cleaning procedure is really simple and so quick. It comes up with 3 tips. To spray paint, you have to hold the gun at the right angle to the painting surface at a distance of 10-12 inches.
This sprayer is not top for the choice but if you are required only outside paint, it is the best value for money.
- It is lightweight
- It is just perfect for outside paint only.
- Cleanup is easy.
- Coarse spray.
- Required thinning of the paint.
4. Wagner FLEXIO 590 Fence Paint Sprayer
- Weight: 2.11 pounds
- Nozzles Included: Two
- Warranty: 1 year
Wagner is a well-known brand of paint sprayer industry. Wagner FLEXIO 590 is an electric stain sprayer for fence that comes up with two paint jars. It is a versatile paint sprayer. Many different substances from stain to sealant, you can use this sprayer. But it is so good for staining your fences.
It comes up with nine different pressure settings. So, you have the option to choose a strong blade or a gentle stream when painting. One of the pleasant things is that it does not make a lot of noise at the time of painting.
It will give you a super finish on your fences, furniture cabinets and more. It has two nozzles included with it. You can handle your larger job with iSpray nozzle which is ideal for it and there is another detail finish nozzle that is just great for handing small projects and ensures super fine finish.
You can spray unthinned with this oil-based stain sprayer as it has X boost turbine available. Also, You can adjust the paint flow with its X boost power dial that has 10- speed settings. You can easily control and adjust the flow of material and get exact control while painting. And You can spray horizontal or vertical and wide or narrow with this pump sprayer for stain.
- Easy assembly
- And easy cleanup
- It can be clogged sometimes
5. Wagner Spraytech 0518080 Control Spray Max Handheld Paint Spray Gun
- Weight: 9.8 pounds
- Included Components: Sprayer, Metal Cup, Plastic Cup, Hose, User Manual
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 12 x 12 inches
- Warranty: 1 Year
The Wagner 0518080 Handheld Paint Spray Gun is another top-quality stain sprayers for fence that you will get available in the market. It comes with high volume low pressure (HVLP) technology that will give you a super smooth finish in your painting job.
You can perform any kinds of paints with this paint sprayer. It is just perfect for priming, painting or staining cabinets, fences, mailboxes, furniture, door trim, decks and many more. You will be able to do both thin and unthinned paint at high pressure with a control spray max gun. It has a powerful two-stage turbine that helps you to paint walls and surfaces with latex paints as well as thinner substances like stains and poly.
Wagner handheld paint sprayer comes up with an adjustable settings option. You can control paint of flow as it has a pressure control dial and material flow adjuster. You can spray round, horizontal or vertical just by turning the air cap. So, it has all the essential elements to give you the perfect finish every time.
It has a 20 ft. hose, so you can easily reach your painting project. The spray gun is so light so that you can paint for a long time with no hand fatigue. You will get a 1½ qt. cup and professional-grade metal 1 qt. cup with this portable airless paint sprayer.
- You can spray in three patterns; vertical, horizontal and spray round.
- Thin and unthinned paint can be done as it has two stages of the turbine.
- It has adjustable settings for controlling air pressure.
- An amateur may find difficult to use it.
- Spillage can happen while spraying.
- It may not perfectly work with thick materials like latex
Features to consider when choosing a fence paint sprayer
There are a number of features that you should consider at the time of choosing your best paint sprayers for fences. Before describing it, I want to give you an overview of the types of sprayers used on fences:
Types of sprayers used on fences
- Pump Sprayers: There are several reasons why you would consider a pump sprayer for a staining fence. The first reason is you can complete your staining job with ease within a very short period of time. It could be a great option if you want to stain smaller fences though. It will also give you a smooth finish on your paint when staining fence with pump sprayer. You might need to use a brush to stain into the corners because it could be difficult to cover those tight areas for a pump sprayer.
- Airless Paint Sprayers: If you have large fences to stain, airless paint sprayers could be a very good option for you. It will get your painting job done very quickly. It is just perfect when you like to work on your fence or other outdoor surfaces. Thinning of paint is not required when you use an airless paint sprayer. You may need to cover the outdoor furniture if you have because sometimes it might be overspray while staining from an airless paint sprayer. You can also clean the spray gun very easily after finishing your staining job.
- HVLP Paint Sprayer: If you want to cover small areas, the HVLP sprayer is the best option for you. Because High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) sprayer has a low-pressure setting which is best for beginners who want professional output for interior home painting. HVLP sprayer has a compressor which helps to balance the consistency of liquids and gives very shiny looks. It has adjustable pressure settings too. You can easily clean the HVLP paint sprayer.
Why Are Sprayers A Good Choice For Staining Fences
Paint sprayers are a very good choice for staining fences. It takes very little time to stain and gives a super smooth finish. Let’s discuss some key points on why to choose a paint sprayer for a staining fence.
- Speed: Speed is an important factor to choose a paint sprayer for staining fences. So that It will get your painting job done within a very short period and save a lot of time.
- Easy to clean: The way a paint sprayer is designed is very easy to clean up and takes no time. In fact Most of the paint sprayers you can connect with a garden hose and it will clean up automatically. You don’t have to do much.
- Lightweight: Most of the Paint guns are lightweight. So, you can do your staining task for a one go. You are able to stain for a long period of time with no hand fatigue.
- Quality finish: If you want to get a quality finish on your fences, you should consider having a paint sprayer. It will give you a super smooth finish on your fences comparing to a brush.
- Maneuverability: When you go to a stain garden fence, you need to move around. You can easily move the paint sprayers as much as you can. And most of the paint sprayers have a long hose with it. So, you don’t have to drag your stain container with you while staining your fences.
- Adjustable spray angles: You will have adjustable spray patterns with the paint sprayers. So you can spray for staining fences according to your angles whether it is horizontal, vertical or circular, you will have all those options available in the best paint sprayer for fences.
- Flexible suction tube: You will have a flexible suction tube available when staining a fence with a sprayer. And you will be able to spray directly from the paint bucket.
- Achieves Smooth, Even finish: It will give you a super smooth finish on your fences when you stain from a paint sprayer. If you stain with a brush, you will never get that kind of even finish on your fences.
How to Stain A Fence- Beginners Guide
Before staining a fence you should keep several things in your mind if you want to get a beautiful result of your staining job whether using a pump, airless or HVLP paint sprayer. Let’s describe these:
- Check the wood: You have to inspect the wood carefully before you start staining the fences. If there is any broken piece, screws, nails or staples, you have to remove and fixed those in order to get a smooth finish.
- Clean up the wood: Now you have to clean up your fence wood so nicely if you want to get a great finish. You will get a number of fence cleaners available in the market. If you don’t find a suitable one, deck cleaners will also do the same job for you.
Don’t forget to wear protective gloves or goggles when you clean up the wood. You can also use a
soft brush to clean all the dust and dirt. After cleaning the wood let it dry well for the next step.
- Stain your fence: When your wood will be dry properly, you are all set for staining your fence. You assemble the paint sprayer; fill up the container and then spray stain fence. Well, you can do it with a brush or a roller but you will not get a quality finish with it. So, that is why I urge you to do it with a paint sprayer. Not only it will consume less time but it will provide you a great finish.
When using a pump sprayer, you may require a brush to even things out slightly and to get into tight corners.
- Wait for drying: Once you are done staining your fences, you have to let it dry. Normally it takes 24 hours to dry the stain but sometimes it may take 48 hours to get dried properly. By that time stay away from touching the fences in order to get the smooth finish.
- Maintain the fence: You are all done! Sit back, relax and enjoy your fence. You may require cleaning your fence at least 2 times per year if you want it looking nice. Sometimes check if there are any repairs or not for having a long life of your fences.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
1.Is it better to brush or spray a fence?
Answer: I recommend you to use an airless paint sprayer if you want to stain your fences. Using only a brush or roller will be a very time consuming and boring task. So, yeah! Use a paint sprayer to spray a fence. But it may require a brush to coat in tight corners if you use a pump sprayer.
2. What kind of paint do you use on a fence?
Answer: You should use acrylic latex paint on a fence. It will provide you an effective moisture barrier that protects your fences from rain and dews. During temperature changes and exposure to direct sunlight, acrylic latex paint is flexible enough to cope up with.
3. Should I pressure wash my fence before standing?
Answer: Yes, you should use a pressure wash to your fences before standing if you want to get a smooth finishing. Even more importantly you have to do this washing procedure a couple of days earlier while staining because it is required to get the wood dry at first, then start staining the fences.
4. Can you spray stain a fence?
Answer: Yes, Of course! You can spray stain a fence. An airless paint sprayer will be handier to do it as you can spray from a 5-gallon paint bucket. As a result, You don’t have to refill it again and again. You can finish the job from one go.
Thanks for reading the whole reviews of the best paint sprayers for fences. It is a tough and tedious task to stain fences if you all have only a brush or a roller. But if you have a paint sprayer, it will be more fun in your backyard to stain your fences and of course, takes no time to do the job.
From my personal experience and through a lot of research, I would recommend you to go with Graco Magnum X5 Airless Paint Gun. But if you have a budget, you would have anyone from the list that best fitted to your choice. However, Remember all the 5 paint sprayers reviewed above are the best from tons of paint sprayers available in the market. And that is done only because of making a stain job easier and a lot enjoyable.