Do you have small indoor/outdoor projects to paint like dressers, bookshelves, fences or mailboxes? Yes! The handheld paint sprayer is just perfect for you. They are comparatively light weighted and easy to use. And you will be able to operate it and spray with just one hand. There are a number of portable airless paint sprayers available in the market. Among them, you need to pick up the best handheld paint sprayers that will make your painting job easier and a lot more enjoyable.
Handheld paint sprayers are quite popular nowadays. The reason is other paint sprayers are larger comparing to handheld units. They may need a cart and a hose to make them work profoundly whereas you can easily spray with small handheld paint sprayers and handle your DIY home projects. Let’s have a look to explore your best value paint sprayer.
Top 5 Best Handheld Paint Sprayers
|Image and Name||Customer Rating|
Graco 17D889 TrueCoat 360
Rexbeti Ultimate 750
HomeRight C800971 Handheld
Hi-Spec 2.2A Electric Paint HVLP
1. Graco 17D889 TrueCoat 360 VSP Handheld Paint Sprayer
- Weight : 3.8 lbs
- Maximum Pressure: 1500 psi
- Included Components: 2 – .015 inch Reversible spray tips, 4 inch narrow and 12 inch wide, 4-42 oz FlexLiner Bags
- Warranty: not specified
Graco 17D889 TrueCoat handheld paint sprayer is one of the best handheld paint sprayers and my top pick for the list. You will have the ultimate speed control in this portable paint gun which helps you to get a super smooth finish on your projects. It has a reversible spray tip that allows you to reverse the tip when clogged and keep you spraying without any interruptions.
This Graco TrueCoat handheld paint sprayer comes up with a highly durable storage case that protects the sprayer from any damages and you can keep the tips and accessories in an organized way.
It has a stainless steel piston pump that allows you to spray unthinned at high pressure. You can spray in any direction, even upside down as it creates an airtight system called VacuValve technology.
If you want to use multi-color in your projects, you can do it with the Graco TrueCoat paint sprayer. It has a FlexLiner bag that you can reuse or recycle after finishing one color coating. It is recommended that you can use up to 25 gallons per year.
The pressure point of this sprayer is 1500 PSI which is just perfect for painting small DIY home projects. And the voltage is 120 volts.
You will get 2- .015 inch reversible spray tips, 4 inches narrow and 12 inches wide and 4-42 oz FlexLiner bags with this handheld paint sprayer. You can easily clean and reuse the sprayer when needed.
- Easy to use.
- You can paint in various angles and directions with this paint sprayer.
- And you can reverse the tip when clogged.
- Also, you can reuse or recycle the liner bag included with this sprayer.
- You can paint unthinned at high pressure.
- A bit expensive.
- You can use up to 25 gallons annually.
2. Wagner Spraytech 0518080 Control Spray Max Handheld Paint Spray Gun
- Weight: 9.8 pounds
- Included Components: Sprayer, Metal Cup, Plastic Cup, Hose, User Manual
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 12 x 12 inches
- Warranty: 1 Year
The Wagner 0518080 Handheld Paint Spray Gun is another top-quality portable paint gun you will get available in the market. It comes with high volume low pressure (HVLP) technology that will give you a super smooth finish in your painting job.
You can perform any kind of paints with this small handheld paint sprayer. It is just perfect for priming, painting or staining cabinets, fences, mailboxes, furniture, door trim, decks and many more.
You will be able to do both thin and unthinned paint at high pressure with a control spray max gun. It has a powerful two-stage turbine that helps you to paint walls and surfaces with latex paints as well as thinner substances like stains and poly.
Wagner handheld paint sprayer comes up with an adjustable settings option. You can control paint of flow as it has a pressure control dial and material flow adjuster. You can spray round, horizontal or vertical just by turning the air cap. So, it has all the essential elements to give you the perfect finish every time
It has a 20 ft. hose, so you can easily reach your painting project. The spray gun is so light so that you can paint for a long time with no hand fatigue. You will get a 1½ qt. cup and professional-grade metal 1 qt. cup with this portable airless paint sprayer.
- You can spray in three patterns; vertical, horizontal and spray round.
- Thin and unthinned paint can be done as it has two stages of the turbine.
- It has adjustable settings for controlling air pressure.
- An amateur may find difficult to use it.
- Spillage can happen while spraying.
- It may not perfectly work with thick materials like latex.
3. Rexbeti Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer
- Weight: 3.75 pounds
- Flow Rate: 750ml/min
- Container Capacity: 1000ml
- Nozzles: 3 (Red: 2.0mm Black:2.5mm Gray:3.0mm)
- Warranty: not specified
Rexbeti paint sprayer is one of the best electric handheld paint sprayers in terms of its value and price. It is very suitable for handling small projects like chairs, tables, fences, crafts and interior walls. It comes up with 500 watts of power with HVLP technology and ensures the smooth and superior finish.
You will get 3 different spray patterns; horizontal, vertical and circular equipped with 3 different size nozzles so that you can paint both thin and unthinned to a great extent. It’s 2.0mm and 2.5mm nozzles are great expertise for thin paints like varnish and sealers whereas it’s 3.0mm nozzle is just perfect for spraying latex paint, milk and chalk type paint.
You can adjust and control the flow of this ultimate 750 rexbeti paint sprayer. It will give you a super smooth finish and by adjusting the flow control knob, you can get different paint outputs that are suitable for edges, corners, board interior surfaces of different works and DIY projects.
It is comparatively very easy to use than other handheld paint sprayers. You can easily assemble this and get ready for spraying. And you can efficiently wash and clean it up after using this sprayer and make it ready for the next projects.
The weight of this paint sprayer is so light and it fits the hand perfectly, so you can spray for a long time with no hand fatigue. The power cord of this sprayer is 6.6 ft as you can move freely in a large work area and keep on spraying with no obstacle.
- Very affordable price with very good quality.
- It will give you a perfect finish on your project.
- Perfect size and fits in the hand nicely.
- Body finishing is very nice.
- It comes with a brass nozzle.
- No battery option is available.
- Suitable for indoor use only.
- An amateur may find it difficult to use.
- Consumes a lot of electric power about 500 watts
- Available only in orange color.
4. HomeRight C800971 Handheld Paint Sprayer
- Weight: 2.76 pounds
- Included Components: 3 Spray Tips (1.5, 2.0, 4.0), 40 oz. Container w/ Lid, Wrench, Spray Nozzle, Cleaning Brush
- Warranty: 2 years
If you want to buy the best handheld paint sprayer with the latest model, HomeRight C800971 could be the one you are looking for. It is the newest type of paint sprayer in the HomeRight series that is absolutely perfect for coating walls, furniture, cabinets, crafts, dressers and so on.
This paint sprayer is very fast and so easy to setup. You will have multiple spray settings, so you can paint however you like. And you may require no thinning or less thinning compared to other handheld paint sprayers. You will be able to finish your paint job fast and get a very smooth shiny finish on your project. The cleaning of this paint sprayer is very easy and quick. Finally, I can say it could be your top pick for DIY projects.
The weight of the HomeRight C800971 is very light. You can use it for a long time with no hand fatigue. And it is a more powerful paint sprayer than other sprayers. You will get three interchangeable spray tips with this sprayer so that you can spray different tips. The green color spray tip is installed on the sprayer. You will just hold the gun at the right angle to the painting surface and make sure to keep at a distance of 10-12 inches to get a perfect painting finish on your projects.
- You can easily use this sprayer and maintain it.
- Very lightweight sprayer.
- Less thinning is required.
- A little expensive than others.
- It’s not suitable to paint on the ceiling.
- You will not get a viscosity cup with this sprayer.
- Made of the plastic body.
- Only suitable for indoor usage.
5. Hi-Spec 2.2A Electric HVLP Handheld Paint Sprayer
- Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Flow Rate: 0.7 liters/min
- Warranty: not specified
Hi-Spec 2.2A Electric HVLP Paint Sprayer is one of the best portable paint sprayers that offer you the cheapest price available in the market. It has a 27 fluid ounce large container that makes it easy to use for paint, stain and sealer application. This HVLP handheld paint sprayer is very useful for lacquers, stains, varnishes for indoor and outdoor furniture, doors, walls, cupboards and many more.
It is a very budget-friendly handheld paint sprayer. So, you will no longer need a brush or roller. You will get a max flow speed of 24fl. Oz. per minute which is very high. You can cover large projects like fencing, decking and walls to finish in no time and get good shinny paint with this sprayer.
It is very easy to use. You do not need any previous experience to apply it. You just point and shoot with an easy to use trigger operation that is used to adjust the speed of flow. And you have to fill the paint can with your desired liquid-like paint, lacquer or sealer and then start spraying.
- Very easy to use.
- And very cheap compared to other handheld sprayers.
- Many features are not available in it.
- It may not last long as it is made of plastic.
- Over spraying can happen sometimes.
- Not that much is suitable for outdoor paints.
- No High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) technology.
- Not suitable for painting at obscure angles.
Large Electric Vs Small Handheld Sprayers
Large Electric Sprayers
- A large electric sprayer is basically a big size paint sprayer for commercial use which is mostly used for large projects. It uses the force of air to drive the paint out. When the paint comes out, it squirts into a good mist that when equally applied, the smooth, unblemished, shiny paint appears on the surface.
- In large electric sprayers, you will get a big paint bucket that can hold a large amount of paint in it. So, you don’t have to refill the container again and again that is so time-saving. And you have to use a lot of effort in order to use a large electric sprayer. Also, you can use it if you have large projects to paint like interior and exterior walls, fences, decks, barns and so on.
- You may find difficulties to clean the large electric sprayers but the features you will get available in those would outweigh the negatives. It is longer lasting than the handheld paint sprayers but you may have to cost a little more money for the maintenance as the size is big and lots of electrical components are there.
Small Handheld Sprayers
- While talking about small handheld sprayers, I must say that it is way easier to use than large electric sprayers. It is very handy. You can take it wherever you like. It takes no time to assemble and you can start spraying right away.
- Small handheld paint sprayers are efficient, durable and reliable. You can control the flow of paint. As it is very lightweight, you will paint for a long time with no hand fatigue. It is mostly used to spray smaller projects like furniture, cabinets, chairs, table and more. You can easily clean up small handheld sprayer and it takes very little or no maintenance. It is very affordable comparing to large electric sprayers.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Handheld Paint Sprayer
When you go to buy a handheld paint sprayer, you need to keep several things in your mind to get the best out of it. Have a look of those things below:
Always check the sprayer you are going to buy is a versatile and high efficient paint sprayer or not. A versatile paint sprayer will give you a lot of options to paint. You will be able to adjust the pressure and tips; you can choose different spray patterns and you will be able to customize paint of flow.
The capacity of paint storage is another essential thing you should look to get a perfect handheld paint sprayer for your project. A large capacity container will help you to paint for a long time without interruptions and you can finish your painting task by one filling. But if your container is small, you may have to refill it again and again.
Speed is another important factor to check when you go to buy your small handheld paint sprayer. A super-speed paint sprayer will finish your paint job fast and save a lot of time.
Always get the paint sprayer that has a flow regulator in it. By its flow regulator, you will be able to adjust and control the pressure of the flow and it will give you a super smooth glossy paint finish to your project.
The adjustable nozzle is another important factor that you should have in your paint sprayer. These nozzles will help you to spray both thinned and unthinned paint perfectly. So, if you have multiple paints to spray, it is very necessary to have multiple nozzles with your paint sprayer.
Handy & Light Weight
Always choose the kind of handheld paint sprayer that fits your hand perfectly. And of course, it should be light-weighted so that you can spray for a long time with no hand fatigue.
Having different spray patterns with your handheld paint gun will make your task a lot easier. Get the sprayer that has horizontal, vertical and circular spray patterns. These patterns will ensure you spray however and wherever you like and it will take very little time to finish your project too.
After getting done your painting, you are required to clean up your sprayer which may consume a lot of time to disassemble the sprayer and flush it out. So, you should get a sprayer that you can connect to a garden hose so that you can clean your sprayer with ease taking no time.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
1. How does a handheld paint sprayer work?
Answer: A handheld paint sprayer works by pumping paint out of a tiny hole in the spray gun tip.
2. What are the advantages of using a handheld paint sprayer?
Answer: A handheld paint sprayer will save your time and energy. It will provide you very good high-quality finish on your project and you will have no hand fatigue as these sprayers a very lightweight.
3. Is it really necessary to wear safety equipment?
Answer: If you take my opinion, I recommend you to wear protective clothing covering your whole body, a facemask and goggles at the time of spraying. Sometimes it could be over spraying. So, if you wear safety equipment, it will be good for you.
4. Can I use latex paint with a handheld paint sprayer?
Answer: Yes, you can use latex paint with handheld paint sprayer but latex paint is so thick for your spray guns nozzle. That is why it may be required of thinning to paint latex.
5. How can I get the best paint spraying results?
Answer: You should do a test spray before spraying to your final project to see how it’s going to look. If you are happy with the outlook, then start spraying to your ending project. And before spraying, you should clean the dirt, dust or oil off the surface where you want to paint on.
6. Is it better to use a handheld paint sprayer or roller?
Answer: Yes, it is better to use a handheld paint sprayer because handheld sprayers can use up to 33% more paint than rollers. So, it will save a lot of your time and money.
Thanks for reading the whole review of the best handheld paint sprayers. All the sprayers I have chosen above are the best in quality and worth the price. But if you want me to pick one from the list, I would go with the Graco 17D889 TrueCoat handheld paint sprayer. Because It is full of all the exciting and amazing features that will make your DIY project so gorgeous.
Don’t worry if you can’t afford it and if you are on a budget, because you can get going for the rexbeti paint sprayer. It is also one of the best value paint sprayers for the price and it’s amazing features will help you to get a perfect painting finish on your project.
I believe that you’ve already discovered the best handheld electric paint sprayer with the help of this article. I wrote this article after researching tons of handheld sprayers just to gratify your needs and make the workload easier for you. Whether you want to paint professionally or you have a hobby to paint, it is no better place to start than to choose a great handheld paint sprayer.